Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

adding iFrames to a page

Go to End

5 Posts   1584 Views

tchintchie

Community Member, 63 Posts

30 May 2011 at 6:50am

Edited: 30/05/2011 6:51am

I know this has been discussed previously but somehow no one came to a solution (at least not a simple one) so my question is (once again) IS there a (simple) way to add an iFrame (such as googlemaps) to any page using the standard editor? I´m even willing to hardcode it to the specific page but (don´t laugh at me) I have no clue where to find the html code for e.g. my contact page?? There probably is none, right? :-p
It can´t be that hard, can it???

btw: using SS 2.4.5

SSadmin

Community Member, 90 Posts

30 May 2011 at 10:49am

you could turn off the tinycme default validator by inserting the following code into mysite/_config.php

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setOption('verify_html', 'false');// turn off html validation

or

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setOption('extended_valid_elements', "+iframe[src|width|height]");

tchintchie

31 May 2011 at 12:29am

thanks for the reply. I added the latter code to my _config.php and ran a dev/build. Sorry for asking this but how am I to copy the iFrame into my page after that? Is there supposed to be a special field/tab? Simply pasting the code into the html editor doens´t work ...

SSadmin

Community Member, 90 Posts

31 May 2011 at 9:38am

well, you could be able to create a HTMLText in your page.php

static $db=array(
'GoogleMapArea'=>'HTMLText'
)

Then add fileds to your page.php

public function getCMSFields(){
$fields=parent::getCMSFields;

$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.GoogleMapArea", new TextArea('GoogleMapArea','Google Map Area'));

return $fields;

}

then you should be able to paste your code (iframe)into that area block.

tchintchie

1 June 2011 at 1:32am

Wow that worked great!! couldn´t find the button at first cause it has no decoration icon :-)

many thanks!!!