Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

set locale to de_DE works except for a few tiny exceptions...

Go to End

5 Posts   1414 Views

tchintchie

Community Member, 63 Posts

2 June 2011 at 10:27pm

hello it´s me again!

as mentioned above I have successfully set the locale for the whole site to German and it´s actually working EXCEPT for:

BLOG MODULE: it still show´s the "comments" in English down next to the "read more" link. Strangely enough underneath the headline of each blog entry the work "Kommentare" seems to work :-/ Also I tried to change the "tag cloud" headline into something like "Stichworte" since our users are mainly retirees and probably never heard of anything like tag clouds... oh and the date on the bottom is still displayed in English too....

EVENT_CALENDAR MODULE: actually perfectly translated except for the month name "M�rz 2011" (March) in the monthNav on top of the calendar widget. It´s displayed correctly as "März" in the headline and drop down month picker :-?

SEARCH BUTTON: though "Los" is actually German I wanted to change the button to display "Suchen" because it makes the function more obvious...not only to retirees :-) I have already changed the line

$lang['de_DE']['AdvancedSearchForm']['GO'] = 'Suchen';

from the /lang/de_DE.php in my sapphire directory from "Los" to "Suchen" but without effect.... also the search results page still shows "read more about ...." instead of the German line....everything else is correctly translated though.

quite strange...any hints are most welcome

kind regards from Austria!

PS: included two screenies

Attached Files
Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

2 June 2011 at 11:52pm

Edited: 02/06/2011 11:53pm

Hi.

It's been a while since i taught my blog to "speak" german, but i'll try my best...

If i recall right, the word "comments" is hardcoded into your BlogSummary.ss (some line at the bottom).
So replace it there with either <% _t('COMMENTS', 'Comments') %> , or Kommentare.

Don't know why you can't change the TagCloud heading, since it works for me.
Here is the code of my TagCloudWidget.ss (maybe it helps):

<h3>$Title</h3>
<div class="tagcloud">
    <% control TagsCollection %>
        <a href="$Link" title="Zeige alle Artikel unter '$Tag'" class="$Class tooltip">$Tag</a>
    <% end_control %>
</div>

I can't help with the event calendar module, 'cause i never used it.
Search button: don't know...
But have a look at Page_results.ss, the string "read more about ...." is hardcoded there, too

Servus
Christian

tchintchie

3 June 2011 at 12:36am

Hi Chris!

Thanks a lot for the effort :-) However most of our codes seem to differ...probably due to different versions?? Here´s my blog summary:

<div class="blogSummary">
	<h2 class="postTitle"><a href="$Link" title="<% _t('VIEWFULL', 'View full post titled -') %> '$Title'">$MenuTitle</a></h2>
	<p class="authorDate"><% _t('POSTEDBY', 'Posted by') %> $Author.XML <% _t('POSTEDON', 'on') %> $Date.Long | <a href="$Link#PageComments_holder" title="Kommentare lesen">$Comments.Count <% _t('COMMENTS', 'Kommentare') %></a></p>
	<% if TagsCollection %>
		<p class="tags">
			Tags:
				<a href="$Link" title="View all posts tagged '$Tag'" rel="tag">$Tag</a><% if Last %><% else %>,<% end_if %>
			<% end_control %>
		</p>
	<% end_if %>

<p>$Content.FirstParagraph(html)</p>

<p class="blogVitals"><a href="$Link#PageComments_holder" class="comments" title="Kommentare zu diesem Beitrag ansehen">$Comments.Count comments</a> | <a href="$Link" class="readmore" title="Lesen Sie den ganzen Beitrag">Lesen Sie den ganzen Beitrag</a></p>
</div>

As you can see there´s no <% _t('COMMENTS', 'Comments') %> line on the bottom whereas on the top there is...which is where I already changed it into "Kommentare" and it works. So where do the bottom comments come from??
Our TagCloudWidgets seem to differ too:
<p class="tagcloud">
		<a href="$Link" class="$Class">$Tag</a> 
	<% end_control %>
</p>

For some reason I managed to change "browse by date" to "nach Datum durchsuchen" in the archivewidget.php. I tried the same for "tagcloud" in the tagcloudwidget.php but without success :-/

Trotzdem vielen Dank! :-) At least you solved my search results issue ;-)

liebe Grüsse!

Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

3 June 2011 at 12:54am

Hi,

i totally forgot that i messed around quite a lot in my blog installation (v.0.4.1)...

But have a look at the code you posted (4th line from the bottom):
... <a href="...">$Comments.Count comments</a> ...,
change it to <a href="...bla">$Comments.Count Kommentare</a>...
and it should work :-)

Cheers
Christian

tchintchie

3 June 2011 at 4:52am

Ha!

You´re a genius! I didn´t dare mess around with that coz I thought it was some kind of command line! :-)

thanks for the help!!!!

PS: anyone got a solution for my other problems??? :->