Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

JpGraph and Silverstripe

Go to End

5 Posts   1735 Views

slaterson

Community Member, 7 Posts

5 June 2011 at 2:55pm

i'm pretty new to silverstripe, i'm currently working on trying to migrate a few items from an existing website i've built from scratch. so far, i've had good success, the stuff i'm migrating is all php based with a mysql backend for data storage in some cases. i'm having trouble with one item, dynamically generated graphs that use jpgraph (jpgraph.net).

i've got a very simple example in place now, when i browse to the page, i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method HTMLText::setValue() in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/sapphire/core/ViewableData.php on line 380

i've isolated the issue to jpgraph's include files, if i add them to my new php file for use with silverstripe, i get the error. otherwise silverstripe works fine, minus the graphs, of course.

is there a way to work around this error?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 June 2011 at 3:23pm

Strange, HTMLText has a perfectly fine setValue() - http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/sapphire/model/DBField.html. What does the backtrace of your error reveal?

slaterson

7 June 2011 at 2:24am

how do i get the backtrace? if you can tell me or point me in the right direction to find out how... :) would love to get this one solved.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 June 2011 at 12:57pm

using something like xdebug for PHP will give you a backtrace.

slaterson

8 June 2011 at 9:01am

ok, i got xdebug installed and have looked at the trace, but first...

i also installed image-gallery last night (can't seem to get pictures to upload or appear in an album even though i have swfupload and/or uploadify installed, but thats a topic for another day). i now get a different error on my jpgraph page, this time saying the the class 'Text' cannot be redeclared. soooo, jpgraph uses a class named 'Text', while i haven't dug into image-gallery at all, i am sure it does too. :(

after removing image-gallery, i am back to the previous error (HTMLText::setValue() ...). the trace, if i have done this right, is quite long, measuring in at just under 2 megs (attached here, bzip2 compressed). i can't see anything pointing out errors, perhaps i'm not running xdebug correctly... help is appreciated.