Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Allowing Scripts in the HTML Editor

Go to End

3 Posts   1649 Views

Community Member, 1 Post

14 June 2011 at 5:12am

Hi All,

I'm extremely new to php and SS CMS!

I am having trouble getting some scripts to work (which I am transferring from my old html website).
I have searched the forum for solutions, and so far have found that I should edit mysite/config.php to include:

However, my script still won't work as the CMS seems to place comments bewteen scripts with <![CDATA[ as shown here:

<script type="text/javascript" src="">// <![CDATA[
<script type="text/javascript">[CDATA[<![CDATA[<![CDATA[<![CDATA[// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("", "PictoBrowser", "940", "590", "8", "#3a3a3a"); so.addVariable("source", "album"); so.addVariable("userName", "user"); so.addVariable("names", "101125"); so.addVariable("albumId", "0000000123"); so.addVariable("titles", "off"); so.addVariable("displayNotes", "off"); so.addVariable("thumbAutoHide", "off"); so.addVariable("imageSize", "original"); so.addVariable("vAlign", "mid"); so.addVariable("vertOffset", "0"); so.addVariable("colorHexVar", "3a3a3a"); so.addVariable("initialScale", "off"); so.addVariable("bgAlpha", "5"); so.write("PictoBrowser110419211155");
// ]]]]]]]]<![CDATA[><![CDATA[><![CDATA[><![CDATA[>]]]]]]<![CDATA[><![CDATA[><![CDATA[>]]]]<![CDATA[><![CDATA[>]]]][CDATA[
// --&gt;]]></script>

Does anybody have any ideas????

Many thanks!!!

Community Member, 36 Posts

27 January 2012 at 4:43am

Edited: 27/01/2012 4:44am

I know this is a old post, but i just had the same problem and found a (rather) hacky solution:

Add this to your Page.php inside the Page Class.

public function onBeforeWrite(){
			$searchFor = array(
			$this->RawContext = str_replace($searchFor, '', $this->RawContext);

My field is "RawContext" where i used some javascript.

You should "clean" all the CDATA Tags from the field first. Then the onBeforeWrite will filter those new added tags out.

Community Member, 20 Posts

1 February 2012 at 3:29am

Edited: 01/02/2012 3:33am

I have had similar problem with <script type="text/javascript" src+"url" statement

Did you add this to the Page.php file at mysite/code/Page.php?

Also re RawContext, what is this?

Any help gratefully received. I have tried a number of suggestions on the forum but so far none have worked. I need to be able to find a way to use <script type="text/javascript" src+"url" statement.

If I can't do this then I will have to look at an alternative cms which would be a shame because in every other regard Silverstripe seem to be just what I need.