Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Cannot download exe files

4 Posts   788 Views

Magicstuff99

Community Member, 3 Posts

28 June 2011 at 2:43pm

I have read what I can on the Forum about uploading and setting up for exe files. I can upload but get a "Access Forbidden" error 403 on attempting to download.
I have created the link a page to the exe file and tested with a pdf file so that side should be correct. Just a step I don't have.
Any help would be great.
PS.. Great product.

Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

28 June 2011 at 8:02pm

Hi.

You also have to add "exe" to the list of downloadable assets to your .htaccess file in the /assets directory.

In mine (SSv.2.4.5), theres even a long comment describing how to add support for *.exe.
So open it up, edit it and have fun :-)

Cheers

Magicstuff99

28 June 2011 at 10:54pm

Cheers. I keep on getting "Access Denied" when trying to save.
im running XAMMP if that helps. I have stopped Apache Service and still no access. Should I attack permissions?

Magicstuff99

28 June 2011 at 11:08pm

AHH, Did it. I had a problem that Windows would not let me edit and save to a file without a filename (just extension) so I used a text editor to edit and save-as to the correct location.
Now all good. Thanks heaps.