Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

editor css just for ie

3 Posts   993 Views

JMagnusson

Community Member, 29 Posts

2 July 2011 at 2:46am

Hello.
In IE the paragraphs behave like movable boxes. Sometimes I get empty paragraphs which are hard to find and delete. I want to highlight every paragraph with p{border-left:3px solid #eee;}, but just in IE.

There may be some fixes, like to use IE’s CSS-BE support (/* any IE */ border: expression('...');), but I want to do it the "good" way.

Can I decorate leftandmain.php with an ie-only condition? How?

Thanks, Johan

Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

2 July 2011 at 4:08am

Edited: 02/07/2011 4:10am

Hi.

It's just a theory and I can't test it right now, since I'm in front of my Ubuntu machine...

But you could create a css file in /mysite/css named editor-ie.css and write your IE specific styles there.
After that you could copy /cms/templates/LeftAndMain.ss to your /mysite/templates directory.
There you edit it and put a conditional comment before the closing </head> section like this:

<!--[if IE]> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mysite/css/editor-ie.css" /> <![endif]-->

This should override the styles from editor.css with your IE styles... (well, in my theory at last ;-) )

Cheers
Christian

JMagnusson

Community Member, 29 Posts

2 July 2011 at 5:27am

Thanks, that worked. Of course there were a .ss file somewhere too.

If someone has the same need, I can tell there are two ways to solve it:

The "ugly" one, but it works:
In your editor.css

p {
   border-left: expression('3px solid #eee');
   }

The good one like the previous post:

• Copy LeftAndMain.ss to mysite/templates
    Insert in the headsection: <!--[if IE]> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$ThemeDir/css/editor-ie.css" /> <![endif]-->
    Write an editor-ie.css file and place it in $ThemeDir/css/editor-ie.css or where you want to have it.