Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Backed loads indefinately

Go to End

4 Posts   717 Views

scottsloane

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 July 2011 at 5:53pm

I all of a sudden am having an issue with 2.4.2. When entering the Admin page a infinite loop is initiation of loading ".../assets/_resampled/stripThumbnail-<image-name>.jpg?r=<some number>

During this time the page tree on the left expands vertically (in Chrome and Firefox) and horizontally (in IE8). Because of this I can not edit pages. This is a live site for a client and it is proving to be a real embarrassment that I can not get this fixed. I tried to flush and build to no avail.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before? What can I try?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

11 July 2011 at 10:15pm

Willr has a great post explaining debugging...

http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16055

scottsloane

28 July 2011 at 2:33pm

well putting the site in "dev" mode stopped the backend issue. I am not sure what is going on here but it only happens in "live" mode.

scottsloane

24 September 2011 at 11:01am

Well it's happening again. However, this time it is only happening in firefox and not chrome. I am not sure what to do about it and am wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior in their implementations of SilverStripe. Basically the back-end is unusable in firefox as the tree view has expanding whitespace between every element and none of the elements are clickable. I look through the debugging information and am unsure how to utilize it for a backend problem.

Scott

Attached Files