Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Backed loads indefinately

4 Posts   488 Views

scottsloane

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 July 2011 at 5:53pm

I all of a sudden am having an issue with 2.4.2. When entering the Admin page a infinite loop is initiation of loading ".../assets/_resampled/stripThumbnail-<image-name>.jpg?r=<some number>

During this time the page tree on the left expands vertically (in Chrome and Firefox) and horizontally (in IE8). Because of this I can not edit pages. This is a live site for a client and it is proving to be a real embarrassment that I can not get this fixed. I tried to flush and build to no avail.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before? What can I try?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1798 Posts

11 July 2011 at 10:15pm

Willr has a great post explaining debugging...

http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16055

scottsloane

28 July 2011 at 2:33pm

well putting the site in "dev" mode stopped the backend issue. I am not sure what is going on here but it only happens in "live" mode.

scottsloane

24 September 2011 at 11:01am

Well it's happening again. However, this time it is only happening in firefox and not chrome. I am not sure what to do about it and am wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior in their implementations of SilverStripe. Basically the back-end is unusable in firefox as the tree view has expanding whitespace between every element and none of the elements are clickable. I look through the debugging information and am unsure how to utilize it for a backend problem.

Scott

Attached Files