Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

form // addExtraClass

3 Posts   1018 Views

dacar

Community Member, 168 Posts

13 July 2011 at 9:44pm

Hi,

every time i use addExtraClass on my forms i get a space before the classname. Is there a way to avoid this?

$anredeField = new DropdownField('Anrede', 'Anrede', $listsForAnrede);
$anredeField->ExtraClass('select');

<select name="Anrede" id="Form_SubscribeForm_Anrede" class=" select"><option value="Herr">Herr</option><option value="Frau">Frau</option></select>

Greetings, Carsten.

MarijnKampf

Community Member, 164 Posts

1 August 2011 at 6:54pm

The space is added in case there are already classes defined, have you tried calling extraClass(), according to the API (http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/forms/core/Form.html#methodextraClass) it compiles all css classes, although I'm not 100% sure it means it will get rid of the leading space.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

3 August 2011 at 7:26pm

I guess it may always put a ' ' before everything just to be safe. It shouldn't cause any issues as [space] won't be a valid classname. If you want to dig in and get it resolved have a look around where it prints the select tag, you probably need to use trim() around value put into the class attribute.