Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

?flush=1 takes extreamly long

7 Posts   809 Views

tekilla83

Community Member, 20 Posts

28 July 2011 at 3:02am

I cannot make flush=1 anymore. It takes extreamly long or even leads to timeout.

I updated from 2.3.2 to 2.4.5 recently.

Anny Ideas?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

28 July 2011 at 3:19am

I'ts rebuilding the entire cache - it's going to take some time.
I couldn't compare 2.3.2 with 2.4.5 - it's over a year and a half since I used 2.3.x

tekilla83

28 July 2011 at 3:37am

I know it's a big step from 2.3.x to 2.4.5...

But on a privious Version, at least on my Site /?flush=1 was much faster.
And did did not lead to Timeout.
Just testet on a Page with not much Content: 4:20min!!
Before it was something less one minute.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

28 July 2011 at 3:41am

From my experience it takes ages on my local windows machine with wamp, and it takes much less on the production lunix server - but past that the time it takes is the time it takes. I have the execution time high on my local machine.

tekilla83

28 July 2011 at 3:50am

Edited: 28/07/2011 4:55am

4:20min was on the production lunix server. I noticed that my silverstripe-cache folder was in permission 0755. I changed it to 0777 but nothing happend. Does it has to be 0777?

Edit: 3:45 for a Page with just a Contact form. But when I reload the Page it's just only 16sec. Doesn't ?flush=1 deleating the Whole cache?!?!

Edit2: and now it's timeout again after ~5min.

Edit3: it seems to be a Serverproblem on my local machine it took round about 20sec 5times in a row.

Here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/installation/server-requirements

is said: "We recommend using a PHP accelerator or opcode cache, such as xcache or WinCache."
It is APC installed on the Server (can it has something to do with it? Should I use xcache? I've read somewere else that others using APC too with Silverstripe)

Edit 4: Because it's sometimes very fast and sometimes extremly slow. I think there is maybe not enough CPU Power on the Server.

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

28 July 2011 at 10:41am

What machine are you running? FWIW, I have never had any problems with ?flush=1 or even ?flush=all and I'm running wamp on my local machine... never more than a few seconds... even on a pretty my old Pentium 4 . I know that's not much help but it does sound like something else is wrong. I don't believe it's necessarily the nature of flush to take ages nor can your machine be simply too slow?

tekilla83

29 July 2011 at 1:55am

First thanks for your reply. The Server Admin told me that there is no CPU bottleneck. But he noticed that he had to enlarge MySQL Query-Cache and Join-Buffer. I don't now for what it is (I'm not an Admin) but it did not help. He also mentioned that there is a unregular ammount of joins on the site, I think it's on the statistic Pages, but on the Kontakt page there is nothing but a Kontaktform and a Flash-Banner. And even there flush takes ages.

On my local machine I have a Windows with wamp to and there are no Problems.