Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Cannot access Admin - dev/build and possibly others.

Go to End

9 Posts   1981 Views

KaDMiO

Community Member, 5 Posts

29 July 2011 at 1:57pm

Hi all!

Even though it is the first time I use SilverStripe, I've found it very useful, keep up the good work!

The problem I am having is that I cannot access either the admin page nor any of the dev pages. I admit I have been tinkering with the code, but nothing related to the part that handles paths. flush=all won't work either.

The page I always land on says:
Server error
Sorry, there was a problem with handling your request.

I don't really know what to do, any help is appreciated. Whatever you need, just ask me.

Thanks!

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

29 July 2011 at 9:22pm

Hi KaDMiO,

Welcome to Silverstripe!

The server error can be turned into something more meaningful, please checkout http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16055 for turning on dev mode.

KaDMiO

29 July 2011 at 11:27pm

Thanks a lot about that!

It seemed that a function I had added to page.php was triggering the problem. By removing it I was able to solve this issue, but now I have another one. I need a way of knowing if a certain page has or has not a Sidebar with widgets in it. The code I had added was the following:

I have found it in another post of the forum.

function IHaveWidgets () {
return DataObject::get("Widget", "ParentID = $this->SidebarID");
}

Do you know a way I can do the same without breaking the installation?

Again, thanks for the superquick answer.

swaiba

29 July 2011 at 11:32pm

Looks fine to me, although I've never used it, what was the errror?

KaDMiO

29 July 2011 at 11:43pm

This is the specific error.

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT "Widget"."ClassName", "Widget"."Created", "Widget"."LastEdited", "Widget"."Sort", "Widget"."Enabled", "Widget"."ParentID", "PageContentWidget"."WidgetTitle", "PageContentWidget"."PageID", "Widget"."ID", CASE WHEN "Widget"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "Widget"."ClassName" ELSE 'Widget' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "Widget" LEFT JOIN "PageContentWidget" ON "PageContentWidget"."ID" = "Widget"."ID" WHERE (ParentID = ) ORDER BY "Sort" You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY "Sort"' at line 1

This is the trace:

Trace

Couldn't run query: SELECT "Widget"."ClassName", "Widget"."Created", "Widget"."LastEdited", "Widget"."Sort", "Widget"."Enabled", "Widget"."ParentID", "PageContentWidget"."WidgetTitle", "PageContentWidget"."PageID", "Widget"."ID", CASE WHEN "Widget"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "Widget"."ClassName" ELSE 'Widget' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "Widget" LEFT JOIN "PageContentWidget" ON "PageContentWidget"."ID" = "Widget"."ID" WHERE (ParentID = ) ORDER BY "Sort" You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY "Sort"' at line 1
Line 525 of MySQLDatabase.php

MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query: SELECT "Widget"."ClassName", "Widget"."Created", "Widget"."LastEdited", "Widget"."Sort", "Widget"."Enabled", "Widget"."ParentID", "PageContentWidget"."WidgetTitle", "PageContentWidget"."PageID", "Widget"."ID", CASE WHEN "Widget"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "Widget"."ClassName" ELSE 'Widget' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "Widget" LEFT JOIN "PageContentWidget" ON "PageContentWidget"."ID" = "Widget"."ID" WHERE (ParentID = ) ORDER BY "Sort" | You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY "Sort"' at line 1,256)
Line 123 of MySQLDatabase.php

MySQLDatabase->query(SELECT "Widget"."ClassName", "Widget"."Created", "Widget"."LastEdited", "Widget"."Sort", "Widget"."Enabled", "Widget"."ParentID", "PageContentWidget"."WidgetTitle", "PageContentWidget"."PageID", "Widget"."ID", CASE WHEN "Widget"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "Widget"."ClassName" ELSE 'Widget' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "Widget" LEFT JOIN "PageContentWidget" ON "PageContentWidget"."ID" = "Widget"."ID" WHERE (ParentID = ) ORDER BY "Sort",256)
Line 129 of DB.php

DB::query(SELECT "Widget"."ClassName", "Widget"."Created", "Widget"."LastEdited", "Widget"."Sort", "Widget"."Enabled", "Widget"."ParentID", "PageContentWidget"."WidgetTitle", "PageContentWidget"."PageID", "Widget"."ID", CASE WHEN "Widget"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "Widget"."ClassName" ELSE 'Widget' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "Widget" LEFT JOIN "PageContentWidget" ON "PageContentWidget"."ID" = "Widget"."ID" WHERE (ParentID = ) ORDER BY "Sort",256)
Line 400 of SQLQuery.php

SQLQuery->execute()
Line 2736 of DataObject.php

DataObject->instance_get(ParentID = ,,,,DataObjectSet)
Line 2714 of DataObject.php

DataObject::get(Widget,ParentID = )
Line 12 of Page.php

Page->IHaveWidgets()

call_user_func_array(Array,Array)
Line 693 of Object.php

KaDMiO

29 July 2011 at 11:44pm

The error was triggered by trying to access the admin page.

swaiba

30 July 2011 at 12:00am

Sounds like you don't have...

class Page extends SiteTree {
   public static $has_one = array(
      "SideBar" => "WidgetArea",
   );

but you could wrap it with this to ensure it doesn't error in that case...

function IHaveWidgets () {
   if (is_numeric($this->SidebarID)) {
      return DataObject::get("Widget", "ParentID = $this->SidebarID");
   }
return null;
}

KaDMiO

30 July 2011 at 8:53am

Thanks a lot! That did it!

Page.php does have the WidgetArea enabled, I think the problem was that one of the Admin sites does inherit from Page.php, but has the $has_one variable defined differently, without the WidgetArea.

Go to Top