Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Is there a link form field?

Go to End

15 Posts   8304 Views

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

28 November 2014 at 11:24am

Edited: 28/11/2014 11:27am

I've created a field dedicated to external urls: https://github.com/burnbright/silverstripe-externalurlfield

Piixel Designs

Community Member, 8 Posts

3 March 2015 at 4:02am

That linkable plugin opens up a field but displays nothing and shows an "Internal Server Error"?

Any ideas what could be wrong? Module is plugged into Root Directory and database has been built.

sheadawson

Community Member, 49 Posts

6 March 2015 at 3:07pm

@Piixel Designs Check your Silverstripe environment is set to dev mode, and check your PHP error reporting is cranked up. This should allow you to see more information about the error. If you don't understand the error information it gives you after doing this, post it here and I'll see if I can help.

Piixel Designs

12 March 2015 at 9:38am

I have it all cranked up and it shows perfect error messages, however it just says server error and I can't seem to show any other error message?

sheadawson

12 March 2015 at 9:41am

Ahh, maybe it's an error occurring in the ajax request that gets the html for the popup. In this case, have your web inspector or firebug panel open when the request is made, and in the network tab you can see all of the information about the failed request. Should be some better error info there.

Piixel Designs

12 March 2015 at 10:21am

Appears to be something breaking in the jquery.js file (should there be a specific file to use?) I am using the below version:
http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js

Cheers

sheadawson

12 March 2015 at 10:24am

Not sure, I don't know enough about the code you're running or the error that's occurring. I'd suggest posting an issue on stack overflow with as much information as possible about your issue, particularly the actual error message

Go to Top