Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

There is no temporary folder for uploads.

2 Posts   607 Views

Brett

Community Member, 1 Post

14 September 2011 at 12:10pm

After upgrading to 2.4.5 from 2.4.0 we are not able to upload images.

From within the cms admin HTMLEditor using image upload fucntionality I get the following message

"There is no temporary folder for uploads. Please set upload_tmp_dir in php.ini."

If I try and upload via the admin Files / Images tab I get it doesnt seem to upload and we get generic 'new-file' as the name of the upload.

Checklist:
- I have a silverstripe-cache folder with read/write perms located in the ss root folder
- Upgraded to the lastest versions of DOM and uploadify (pretty sure this is not the issue anyway)
- Read / write permissions on the assets folder

Manually adding the define('TEMP_FOLDER', '/silverstripe-cache'); causing white screen - no errors reported in error log though

Any other pointers I can look for?

Cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

14 September 2011 at 1:03pm

The silverstripe temp dir and the PHP tmp dir are unrelated as far as I am aware as you cannot alter upload_tmp_dir outside your ini configuration.

You will need to do like it says and define an upload_tmp_dir in your PHP.ini file on the server (or contact your host).

See http://nz.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php for more information.