Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS.org Forum Issues

Go to End

16 Posts   2150 Views

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

21 September 2011 at 6:52am

How about a moderators-only forum and then we can subscribe to the RSS feed for it? It could be put under the "SilverStripe Community" heading.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

21 September 2011 at 7:39am

Would that resolve the issue of reaching org people if needed? Wouldn't it be better to have a more direct line to people who can act if something happens, instead of expecting them to come by all the time just in case a moderator has posted something important...

Ryan M.

21 September 2011 at 9:18am

If there's an RSS feed for that forum, then the org team could be notified almost immediately of new posts.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

21 September 2011 at 11:02pm

Lot's of options... I guess its up to the team now :-)

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

23 September 2011 at 7:23pm

Hey Ryan,

I've just changed your password so I can test profile editing with your account (rather than a new one).
Still can't see any problems though.
On http://www.silverstripe.org/ForumMemberProfile/edit, I've added a single dot to various properties, entered my changed password for your account twice and hit save. Both the profile view at http://www.silverstripe.org/ForumMemberProfile/show/7133 and another call to the edit form show the changed data. That's in Firefox 6.

So I'm out of ideas here. Changed your password back.
Would you mind doing a screencast of what exactly you're trying to do?

On the forum for website problems: I don't think it'll necessarily reach us quicker,
although we could of course use some "RSS to email" services.

I'd like for all those requests (and their status) to be a bit more transparent, though -
both to other people with the same problem, and to SS staff other than support@ss.com.
Maybe something like assistly.com, uservoice.com or getsatisfaction.com could help?
Problem with those is that they cost money...

Thanks!

Ryan M.

23 September 2011 at 8:01pm

E-mailed you the screencast, Ingo.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

23 September 2011 at 8:22pm

Alright, got it - you're trying to change your nickname from "Ryan M." to "Ryan", but that nickname already exists.
Normally the form should tell you this, but because of some deficiency in the i18n/_t() system, plus the fact that ss.org is on en_NZ locale, it doesn't. Fixed in https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-forum/commit/ca29448826c9d358608430221f1f4095bb6a6a23.
I can't deploy this until next week, basically avoid changing your nickname for now :)

Ingo

Ryan M.

23 September 2011 at 10:02pm

Doh! Yeah, you're right, if I edit it without changing the Nickname, everything else saves just fine. Thanks for checking in a fix for it!

Go to Top