Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

CMS login fields missing

5 Posts   543 Views

Mitz

Community Member, 10 Posts

21 October 2011 at 9:28am

HI there,

Overnight the login fields (username and password) to the cms have completely disappeared from the /admin page. I have done a hard refresh including a ?flush=1 and still no luck.

Hopefully this is a simple fix? Also any reason why this should happen considering no changes have been made?

Thanks in advance.

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 137 Posts

21 October 2011 at 11:18am

Make sure that your template (themes/your-theme-name/templates/Layout/Page.ss) have a line that is $Form.
The $Form is what outputs the form fields on the login page.

Mitz

21 October 2011 at 2:31pm

Just checked page.ss in templates/layout in my theme folder and it already has $Form in it.

This was working fine till a day ago, no changes have been made to the site, and yet the cms login fields have disappeared.

Very weird!

Mitz

25 October 2011 at 1:55pm

Having no luck - any ideas anyone else?

See login page here: www.fxmed.co.nz/admin

JonoM

Community Member, 103 Posts

25 October 2011 at 2:18pm

I have no idea why that would happen but it looks like you might be using an older version of SilverStripe (references to scripts in jsparty folder) - if it was me I would try downloading the latest core files and swapping them in and see if that fixes the problem. Then you'll be running the latest and greatest as a bonus.