Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Automated Email Notifications?

Go to End

2 Posts   1171 Views

JonC

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 October 2011 at 6:17pm

Sorry for posting this, but google searching didn't yield much information...

I'm trying to set up an automated mailing system which grabs all the emails from Members associated with an Event (using UncleCheese's Event Calendar), and sends them a notification about the event one day before the event is due to occur.

I'm thinking I can do this:
- Set up a Mail_Controller.php file in SS with a function to grab all events within one day forward of the current DateTime, get all emails from the members on that event, send out mass mail to those emails.
- Use a cron job to call that function from that file every day at, for example, 1200 hours.

Would it be possible to do this, and, if so, what would be the best way of doing it? I'm new to Silverstripe and cron, so I'm quite clueless.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

28 October 2011 at 10:07pm

Hi jon,

You might want to look into https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-eventmanagement
Once this (and the about 4.34 billion related modules) are installed you'll find one that deals with email notifications to attendees a specfied period before hand. In addition there is tons of cool stuff in there.