Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

edit HTML code in CMS

Go to End

4 Posts   3639 Views

demmy

Community Member, 6 Posts

25 November 2011 at 9:03pm

Hi all,

I very new with CMS and starting exploring with SilverStripe, it's very interesting for me.

I just add HTML code in page through CMS interface, and now I want to edit that HTML code, but i don't where it keep that code.

someone can tell me?

Best,
Demmy

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

26 November 2011 at 5:55am

Hi Demmy, welcome to the forums,

Do you mean you entered text into the CMS 'Content' editor on the right? There's the little blue button 'HTML' that lets you edit the HTML itself.

Or are you referring to the HTML templates from which the site is built? They are in /themes/blackcandy/templates/

Or is it something else entirely?

demmy

Community Member, 6 Posts

2 December 2011 at 4:23pm

Hi Martimiz,

I mean the little blue button 'HTML' , after I added HTML code. and how can I find that HTML?

Best,
Demmy

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

2 December 2011 at 9:57pm

Just press that little blue button (in the editor toolbar, to the right of the anchor). It will give you the HTML popup so you can edit it. All HTML you enter in the CMS editor, is stored in the database.

All other SilverStripe HTML can be found in your themes/... /templates folder.

If this doesn't answer your question, then I probably don't understand you correctly... :-(