Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Here is some Help for New SS Users

7 Posts   533 Views

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

9 December 2011 at 9:27pm

Hi everyone;
I made a file that is good for new SS users, what it does is, add a floating div (topLeft) to your project with List of Useful links, Debug links & custom Google search.

All you have to do is:
1- add the file in themes/MyTheme/Templates/Includes
2- in themes/MyTheme/Templates/Page.ss , just under the <body> tag, add this:
%< include DevMode %>

3- DO a ?flush=all to your URL

I use it alot (for every project), it save me alot of time.. so Have fun & let me know of anything can be added to it.

Mikel.

Attached Files
swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

9 December 2011 at 11:59pm

Hi,

As good as this surely is - please don't post it three times!

DesignerX.com.au

10 December 2011 at 12:02am

oo.. did it post 3 times, I was uploading the DevMode.SS file & the forum gave me error !!! it looked as if the Forum has crashed !! give it a try. Now i just Zip it & upload
Sorry about that.

swaiba

10 December 2011 at 12:05am

Yep, I've deleted the duplicates. But thanks again for you contribution it sounds great!

DesignerX.com.au

10 December 2011 at 12:09am

TY, i am also working on a JQueryGallery , it will be a Gallery + plugins, so each JQueryPlugin function as a "Mini Module" Then the Main module will manage the Images , now i have it working with NivoSlider, CodaSlider, LightBox & FancyBox ( one gallery, a drop down to select a JQueryPlugin to use )

Working on it with the guys on the IRC .... hope i can get it Uploaded before next year !!.. wish me luck .

swaiba

15 December 2011 at 12:19am

+1

hey I just installed this - it is great
it replaces a bunch of stuff from my replacement wamp home page (http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/12773 - it had moved on since then btw)

thanks again

swaiba

20 December 2011 at 2:37am

another one...

http://www.electrictoolbox.com/