Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

class and site map problem?

2 Posts   1851 Views

Ernie

Community Member, 3 Posts

16 December 2011 at 1:17pm

Hi, firstly thanks to Devlin and Prawnstar for helping with my "...always defaulting to the error page..." issue.

Now I'm in a mess with he site-map. Having thought I followed the rules for the site map module all that is displayed the browser is:
----------------------------------------
Site-Map
This page displays a sitemap of the pages on the Gryphon Learning site.

Generated with the default ContentController.ss template
---------------------------------------------

With this I created a new page type > templates/sitemap.ss and Layout/sitemap.ss.
In templates/sitemap.ss I reference $SiteMap

Firstly sitemap does not appear as a page type and secondly what displays on the page (as described between the dotted lines) remains the same as if creating a new page type has made no difference???

After flushing I get the following at the top of the page (you see after flushing):

Warning: There are two files both containing the same class: 'C:\xampp\htdocs/mysite/code/Page.php' and 'C:\xampp\htdocs/mysite/code/sitemap.php'. This might mean that the wrong code is being used. in C:\xampp\htdocs\sapphire\core\ManifestBuilder.php on line 487

Any help with the site map would be appreciated.

Thanks Ernie

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 December 2011 at 10:29pm

Make sure your new Page type (SiteMap.php) classes extend both the 'Page' class and the 'Page_Controller' classes for your SiteMap and SiteMap_Controller respectively.