Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS won't Save & Publish 2 pages - Firebug reveals 404 error

Go to End

2 Posts   860 Views

Community Member, 162 Posts

22 December 2011 at 1:12pm

I have a strange error occurring with the CMS - on our production server, 2 of 5 pages of the site won't save. When 'Save & Publish' is clicked, the progress animation keeps spinning and the status message 'Saving' is displayed. Nothing is saved though.

Opening Firebug reveals that there is a 404 error.

POST   404 Not Found  1.45s

Below is the post output:

CanEditType			Inherit
CanViewType			Inherit
ClassName			Page
Content				<div>  New content </div>
ContentHeading		My Problematic Page
ID					7
MenuTitle				Problematic Page
MetaTitle				Problematic Page
ParentID				0
ParentType			root
Priority				1.0
SecurityID				d47fdasd98asyudlsakjdha9878309e791e83
ShowInMenus			1
ShowInSearch			1
Sort					3
Title					Problematic Page
URLSegment			problematic-page
action_save			1
ajax					1
publish				1
restricted-chars[Form_Edi...	[^A-Za-z0-9-]+
restricted-chars[Form_Edi...	-
restricted-chars[Form_Edi...	URLs can only be made up of letters, digits and hyphens.
restricted-messages[Form_...	Another page is using that URL. URL must be unique for each page

Below is the Safari Console Output:

Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"
EditFormPOST 404 (Not Found)
leftandmain.js:368TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating '$('statusMessage').showMessage(msg,'bad')')

Any ideas how to fix this problem? We have no problems at all on the development server.

Thanks very much.

Community Member, 162 Posts

22 December 2011 at 3:52pm

Very very bizarre... Can anyone enlighten me!

After a resorting to a binary search process of elimination, I narrowed it down to the strangest thing...

It appears that any time the word "system" appears as the last or only word in a Title or Alt attribute in the content, this bizarre problem occurs.

When I even remove a character from the word "system" (eg. "syste"), the problem goes away.

Note that this only happens on the production server. So I wonder whether there is some security measure sanitising AJAX posts or DB inserts, picking up the keyword "system" as the last word in a Title/Alt field...

Any ideas why this could be happening? Thanks.