Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

how does silverstripe find all the new files added ti a directory automaticaly?

3 Posts   761 Views

vancouverWill

Community Member, 121 Posts

6 January 2012 at 3:28pm

how does silverstripe find all the new files added? other frameworks and cms's generally need to be passed xml files containing the details of new files. I know it's not like a compiled language where new files are automatically included but I can't see how it does recognize all new files without adding includes everywhere. Anyone know this offhand?

thanks

Will

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

7 January 2012 at 12:33am

Yep - this is the dev/build thing - it creates a manifest (list of files where the class mathes the filename) and then it auto loads those requried

vancouverWill

Community Member, 121 Posts

13 January 2012 at 8:52am

thanks Swaiba for the quick reply, very much appreciated. It all makes a lot more sense now I searched for manifest.

For anyone else who comes across this I'll explain what I found, for each class ManifestBuilder.php stores in cache a file name manifestClassParse-ExamplePage_php-66d4f5ee00b281254d01a3dc361b71f4 where ExamplePage.php is a class I created. Inside is an array showing how this class is related to another class for example I have pasted Page.php manifest file below. While this doesn't need to be known for daily SS running I find it really interesting how they have built the foundations. Props to the development team

<?php
            $classes = array (
0 =>
array (
'className' => 'Page',
'extends' => 'SiteTree',
),
1 =>
array (
'className' => 'Page_Controller',
'extends' => 'ContentController',
),