Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Silverstripe Doubling Requests?

Silverfish

Community Member, 59 Posts

27 January 2012 at 4:13am

Edited: 27/01/2012 4:28am

Hello,

about a month ago I had a data import run by Silverstripe behaving really strange, all values were importet twice. (in two sets, so the data set was imported once completely and then again). A couple of weeks ago I had another import process in another Silverstripe Project doing the same.
Now, on a third, different Silverstripe Project, we are sending confirmation mails which always came twice, the 2nd one always one or two seconds after the first one.

I then configured an Error Logger with

SS_Log::add_writer(new SS_LogFileWriter(Director::baseFolder() . '/log/live.log'), SS_Log::WARN, '<=');

and created a db error by changing access-data.
The logfile showed that all of these errors came doubled as well:

EDIT: removed logs.

So this really seems to me like SS is doubling every call i do on the system.

Does anyone have similar experiences or any idea what we could have done wrong to produce such a behaviour?

This currently is quite serious so i would be REALLY grateful for any hint.

EDIT:
it seems that it was not Silverstripe, but Chrome doubling these requests. I checked the apache access logs and compared Chrome Requests to Firefox Requests. Chrome seems to send every singel Request twice.

I know this goes OT now, but has anyone experience with similar behaviour?

Thanx & Regards
SF