Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

TinyMCE - Add a class to a link

3 Posts   1025 Views

steveforest

Community Member, 8 Posts

10 February 2012 at 11:14am

Hi,

How can I add a class on a link <a> with TinyMCE. The old version of TinyMCE on SilverStripe seems to have only a few options... I don't see any code pathway (like in Joomla, see attached file), to select the a and add the class with the 'Styles' drop down menu.

If I click on Edit link, there's no box to enter a class.

This will be a big problem because the person who will edit the site don't know anything about HTML, so it won't be possible for him/her to add it manually...

The community seems to agree on that fact that TinyMCE is hard to upgrade on a 2.4 install... I guess people are waiting for SS3!

An answer would be very welcome ;)

Best regards,

Steve

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1098 Posts

11 February 2012 at 5:38am

Hi Steve,

No, there is no pathway option like you mention. Afaik you can still select the link and drop a class from the styles dropdown. If the link-panel to the right is open, SilverStripe will automatically select the link if you touch it...

You're right: implemening a new version of TinyMCE would be especially tough, as SilverStripes image and link handling needs to hook into it...

steveforest

Community Member, 8 Posts

17 February 2012 at 5:11am

Hi Martimiz,

Thanks for the answer! Didn't notice that before and it works :)! Very happy to have a solution because the person who'll edit the site won't remember how to add a class in the HTML.

Best regards

Steve