Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Dynamically replace a form

2 Posts   371 Views

Xazen

Community Member, 18 Posts

17 February 2012 at 4:50am

Hi SilverStripe Community,

I want to create a contact page which can display different forms. On the right are <button/>-TAGs to switch between the forms.

For example my contact.ss looks like this and my page type has got the functions $FormOne and $FormTwo to return a form:

<div id="Form">
$FormOne
</div>

After I click on the 2nd button $FormOne should be replaced by $FormTwo.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1107 Posts

18 February 2012 at 12:21am

Edited: 18/02/2012 12:22am

Looking at the options that I can think of:

1. have multiple forms on the page, and show the required one using JavaScript. Considerable overhead, not easy to implement the correct response to the form, spamprotection and stuff, so I wouldn't

2. if the button is pressed, reload the page with the desired form (?form=myform or implement a action/rule?)

3. use AJAX to dynamically load the desired form into some container. Maybe falling back to (2) when no javascript available.

Oh... and the simplest: just have separate pages, each with their own form, replace the custom buttons by a submenu... :-)