Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[SOLVED] Add tab before 'Metadata' in the CMS

2 Posts   1143 Views

jizzman

Community Member, 23 Posts

19 February 2012 at 5:32pm

Edited: 22/02/2012 12:54pm

Hi,

Probably another easy one. I'd like to add tabs so that the 'Metadata' is always the last in the tab set. For instance I have a two column page layout (left/right) and here I try to add the right column tab so it appears before the 'Metadata' tab in the CMS:

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.RightColumn', new HtmlEditorField('Right_', 'Right Side'), 'Metadata');

This doesn't seem to work. I still end up with tab order [Main|Metadata|Right Side]

Is there something special about the 'Metadata' tab?

Thanks,
J

jizzman

Community Member, 23 Posts

19 February 2012 at 5:45pm

I found the answer on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5033028/silverstripe-how-do-i-insert-a-tab-before-another-tab

For anyone else, the solution is to first create the tab manually so you can position it:

$fields->insertBefore(new Tab('MyNewTab', 'My New Tab'), 'Metadata');

and then just add your fields to the new tab:

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.MyNewTab', new TextField(...));

My problem was letting addFieldToTab() create the tab automatically; in that case you can't manually position it.