Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Anchor link and table issue- Any ideas?

Go to End

VSC

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 February 2012 at 4:13am

Edited: 23/02/2012 8:01am

I have created a page in the SS CMS that utilizes one of our existing templates, but I am having issues with both table column alignment using text and images and also anchor links.

I have reverted to working strictly with the html editor offered within SS to fix the issues, but there isn't anything apparent in the code.

My URL: http://vermontstudiocenter.org/alumni

Issue 1: Inserting a table into the template page, 1 row, 2 column, I have tried it with all alignments set to top and again without any settings(for testing) and get the same results. If you add text in one column and an image in the other, it loses the alignment and immediately throws the text equal to the bottom of the image(even though the text & image are set at top alignment.

My go around fix(for now): Add a line of text above the image preceded by a few character spaces and the alignment works. I then erase all text except for the character spaces to fool SS into thinking there is still a line of text there.

Issue 2: Creating anchor links within the content text. Using the SS link editor it creates an anchor with code that doubles the # (##residents). The anchor link does not work. I have tried to create an anchor link within the content by inserting an absolute link address, with the anchor link code and testing through a browser address bar. I am simply taken to the parent page and not bumped to the anchored area of the page. I have tried many versions of the link, one # also two ##.

Issue 2 is the main priority at this moment.

Thank you for any insight or fixes anyone can offer.