Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

How do you know all the placeholders dependent on another? For example, $Tranlations

3 Posts   385 Views

Josua

Community Member, 86 Posts

29 February 2012 at 6:06am

Hi!

I would like to know all the dependent placeholders of another placeholder.
For example, $Locale is a placeholder dependent of $Translations placeholder.

¿$Translations has more placeholders?
Which does he have?
Are they in the documentation? Where?
Do I have to see the SilverStripe source code to discover them?
Which class in SilverStripe correspond to $Translations placeholder?

Thanks,

Regards,
Jose A.

Chris_Bryer

Community Member, 35 Posts

1 March 2012 at 4:14pm

locale is a column on the sitetree table in the database that is added once you add the translatable extension to sitetree.. $locale would insert the contents of the locale column in a record into a template, but you could also insert stuff from php functions (like $Link) to dump a page link into its template. this is covered really nicely in the tutorials (there are 5 main tutorials that really get people started [url=http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/] here[/url] but if you want to see a standard list of built in page controls (mainly from the SiteTree or ContentController classes) look [url=http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/reference/built-in-page-controls]here[/url].

i think translations is a control block that returns all the pages (subclasses of SiteTree) in the current page's translation group. you can then call any function in the Page / SiteTree class once you're in the translations control block.

hope it helps.
-Chris

Josua

Community Member, 86 Posts

1 March 2012 at 9:31pm

Now I understand this a little more. :)

Thank you very much for the explanation Chris.

Regards,
Jose A.