Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[SOLVED] Action function Layout is rendering without Page template

2 Posts   785 Views

MonkeyBen

Community Member, 25 Posts

7 March 2012 at 5:55am

I have done a work around for the following problem in the past but I think I need to find a proper solution now.

My problem is this

1. I have a page type of, e.g. ParentPage
2. I have other page types e.g. ChildPage1 & ChildPage2, which extend ParentPage

I have put an action function in the ParentPage that I want all child page types to access, e.g. function addnote() as shown here: -

function addnote()
{
   $data = array(...);
   return $this->customise($data)->renderWith("ParentPage_addnote", "ParentPage");
}

I have a main template called ParentPage.ss and in the Layout folder I have a layout template called ParentPage_addnote.ss

Now I have setup a few pages of the ChildPage1 type and go to it by domain.com/childpage/addnote the function works and the ParentPage_addnote.ss layout is rendered, but it is rendered without the page template shell ParentPage.ss

Where am I going wrong?

MonkeyBen

Community Member, 25 Posts

7 March 2012 at 11:50pm

OK, found the answer: -

return $this->customise($data)->renderWith("ParentPage_addnote", "ParentPage");

Needs to be: -

return $this->customise($data)->renderWith(array("ParentPage_addnote", "ParentPage"));