Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Lost pagetree (sitetree) after converting DB


Reply


6 Posts   467 Views

Avatar
wilsonStaff

Community Member, 142 Posts

7 March 2012 at 3:05pm

Hi to all, we had to change server environment

from --> Microsoft IIs using SQL

to --> Apache using mySQL

The tech guy supposely converted the DB from SQL to mySQL.

- - -

I dumped all of my local files to the new server.
Did a dev/build?flush=all

- - -

I can see/add all of my page types

BUT

ive lost the site tree (all of my pages and their content)

- - -

I can access the DB via myPHPAdmin and when i click on SITETREE

i can only see the basic pages from the SS fresh install.

- - -

Have i lost it all?

Thanks!

Avatar
MrNick

Community Member, 9 Posts

8 March 2012 at 8:36pm

Did he provide a dump for you of the new mysql database, or did he just tell you it was done?
Maybe it's under a different database name or something...

Ask him/her for a physical file dump - then you can have a look. And double check where the database is on the production machine.

Avatar
wilsonStaff

Community Member, 142 Posts

9 March 2012 at 12:53am

Hello, turns out he didnt convert at all. He just created a new db under the same name.

Later, he sent me a .mdf and .ldf files, which i asked him to convert to xml/csv (or sql) as i cant do much with mdf files.

- - -

But as i can open .mdf with text editor, i can SEE that the date (texts, content, sitetree) is there, garbagely displayed.

- - -

Any suggestions?

Thanks for helping.

Avatar
swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

9 March 2012 at 1:01am

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+open+mdf+file+

Avatar
wilsonStaff

Community Member, 142 Posts

9 March 2012 at 2:42am

Ive read all that but i dont have a SQL Server handy (in fact i am on Mac using MAMP).

Thanks!

Avatar
wilsonStaff

Community Member, 142 Posts

11 March 2012 at 2:32pm

Thing done. What i did:

=> Had the DB converted to an mysql file, standard settings.

=> Had to fiddle a bit with the DB back in phpmyadmin, because i had a bunch of errors, i.e:

Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

=> changing ID column of EACH TABLE to :

- Type = int(11)
- Null = No
- Default = None
- Extra = AUTO_INCREMENT

did the job.

- - -

I recovered ALL of my sitetree, along page content.

Ouf...... been painfull.....