Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Where are the actual php pages in SS? And does image alignment work in tinymse?

Go to End

19 Posts   2976 Views

timetraveler

Community Member, 10 Posts

20 March 2012 at 2:33pm

Hello again.

I already have XAMPP installed locally, and I have used it extensively, so I know it works.

As mentioned previously, I unpacked 2.4.7 separately on my local machine and installed SS.

After opening http://localhost/ ... /index.php/admin/ I entered the CMS, created a new page, pasted some text as text in the tinymce window, and then inserted an image. The results were the same as on the Linux server.

In other words, to make the image display in the right position, I have to manually remove the div that tinymce puts around the image, which is:

<div class="captionImage right" style="width: 100px;">

I have verified the existence of <div class="typography"> in Page_results.ss and Page.ss in the blackcandy theme, which is the theme I am using.

HOWEVER ... if I leave the Caption Text field blank, the offending div tag is not inserted by tinymce, and the image is positioned correctly.

Thanks.

novaweb

Community Member, 116 Posts

20 March 2012 at 2:43pm

Hi TimeTraveller,

Are you using the "Paste as Plain Text" button in the CMS? Or pasting straight in to TinyMCE? (You should be using Paste as Plain Text, as pasting straight in to TinyMCE will insert extra divs around your content)

I would just use images without captions for now, if that's working right for you :)

Attached Files
timetraveler

Community Member, 10 Posts

20 March 2012 at 3:59pm

novaweb, thanks for pointing out the Plain Text button. Actually, I did use that. It's good to mention it though, just in case.

Anyway, I'd be curious to know if anyone else has found that inserting an image with a caption causes a troublesome div to be added by tinymse. It seems a class is missing from the default templates. Would the development team be concerned with an issue like this?

Thanks.

Go to Top