Im new to this type of site creation as my past experience was all done with html and css which i would upload to a server and boom, it would work. Im a little confused with how to get my site online now that im using a CMS. I've created my site under the localhost directory. How do i now migrate what i have to an online server?
The domain i was planning on using is http://www.names.co.uk/, is this domain capable of hosting the cms?
My appologies for my lack of knowledge in this area, any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated.
Migrating sites is a fairly easy process once you've done it once or twice:
1) Zip or Tarball your website folder
2) Backup your MySQL database from your localhost
3) FTP it up to your server
4) Extract in public_html directory
5) edit .htaccess
Find and delete the RewriteBase line:
6) Create a new MySQL database on your webserver
7) edit mysite/_config.php to reflect these database changes in the database config
8) Upload the database to your webserver's phpMyAdmin
9) run www.mysite.com/dev/build?flush=1