Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[SOLVED] Translation of /Security

3 Posts   678 Views

xini

Community Member, 8 Posts

26 March 2012 at 7:00pm

I have a multi lingual site and everything works fine exept the translation of the login form.

I use SS 2.4.7 with the following config:

i18n::set_locale('de_DE');
Translatable::set_default_locale('de_DE');
Translatable::set_allowed_locales(
   array(
      'de_DE',
      'fr_FR',
      'it_IT',
      'en_GB',
   )
);
Object::add_extension('SiteTree', 'Translatable');
Object::add_extension('SiteConfig', 'Translatable');

I need the users to be able to login on the front end, so I created a link to /Security/login. But whatever locale the site currently is, the login form is always displayed in german. Even if I add the locale to the link e.g. /Security/login?locale=en_EN the login form always is in german.
Is there a possibility to get Security translated as well? or am I just doing something wrong?

Thank youvery much for your help...

xini

31 March 2012 at 12:39pm

Anyone an idea?

xini

3 April 2012 at 12:47pm

simon_w had a solution for this, thanks again!

Translatable loads the locale automatically, i18n doesn't. To get the page loaded in the correct locale, you have to add the following in you _config ():

if(!empty($_GET['locale'])) i18n::set_locale($_GET['locale']);

Security loads the content in a fake page. In that case you can check the ID to be <0.
Page_Controller.init():

if ($this->ID < 0) {
   if(!empty($_GET['locale'])) i18n::set_locale($_GET['locale']);
}

It's not the perfect solution and I had to sub class Security and MemberLoginForm to rewrite all the links that didn't include the locale, but it works so far.