Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't add existing member to Administrator group

Go to End

Kiwipearls

Community Member, 34 Posts

4 April 2012 at 10:59am

Edited: 04/04/2012 11:05am

I've just set up Silverstripe for my children's school.

http://torbay.school.nz

And now that the site is live, I have just run into a small issue or a big one.

I can't add a existing member from another security group to the administrator group.

I can manually add members fine.

This member is one of the staff and she subscribed to the Newsletter using the Newsletter Module.

When I go to edit her details and select the groups tab and add her to Administrators it saves and says member added. But she does not appear in the list. When I go back into edit member, Administrators has been de-selected.

She needs to be in both groups as she wants to receive the newsletter, but she also is the main website administrator for the school.

Tried this fix in this thread to no avail. http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/19239

I eagerly look forward to hearing from someone on how to fix this.

Edit: My only workaround for this is to remove her from Newsletters Group and then manaully add her to Adminstrators - and then edit her and also add her to the Newsletter group (mailing list).

So that process might give someone insight as to what is going on with the Adminstrators group - hopefully/