Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem with automated testing on Cpanel / WHM

Go to End

2 Posts   1167 Views

tfliam

Community Member, 20 Posts

11 April 2012 at 11:30am

Edited: 11/04/2012 11:34am

I'm trying to setup automated testing on Silverstripe! in CPanel/WHM. When I ran any of the test in url (for my case it is DOMAIN/dev/tests/AggregateTest), it says

Fatal error: Couldn't run query: CREATE DATABASE tmpdb2605857 Access denied for user 'todaytes_root'@'localhost' to database 'tmpdb2605857' in /home/todaytes/public_html/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php on line 525

Silverstripe will create a random-named database every time the test executed and destroy it after the test finished.

From the "databases" menu in cPanel/WHM, I am only allowed to add database and user manually with some prefix name for it (in my case, all my database and user start with todaytes_). How do I configure cPanel/WHM to give permission to the user so that Silverstripe Automated Test could work fine?

Or is there any other solution on this?

tfliam

Community Member, 20 Posts

12 April 2012 at 11:11am

Hi... I really need to get automated testing setup on my site... anyone could offer help?