Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

login problem

Go to End

4 Posts   1712 Views

ronaan

Community Member, 9 Posts

13 April 2012 at 10:43pm

Hello there,

I have a SilverStripe installation that worked fine for roughly 10 days... then the server rebooted last night and I can't log in any more.
None of the users, even the default admin, work.

I get this message (sorry it's German but basically says converting a varchar to a datetime thing fails because the value is out of range)

I have no idea how to fix this (guess I changed the date/time display format for the users I added).

I'm not a PHP/SQL pro, so if you have any hint I guess I'll need step by step instructions.

It would suck having to redo all of the copy-paste work I did in the last 10 days (basically putting content from PDFs into web pages to build our QM system).

[User Error] Couldn't run query (22007, 242, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des gltigen Bereichs.01000, 3621, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.): UPDATE "Member" SET "NumVisit" = 7, "RememberLoginToken" = null, "LockedOutUntil" = null, "LastEdited" = '2012-04-13 13:25:04' where "ID" = 1: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des gltigen Bereichs.; [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.
POST /QM/Security/LoginForm
Line 620 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\QM\sapphire\core\model\Database.php

Source
611 	/**
612 	 * Error handler for database errors.
613 	 * All database errors will call this function to report the error.  It isn't a static function;
614 	 * it will be called on the object itself and as such can be overridden in a subclass.
615 	 * @todo hook this into a more well-structured error handling system.
616 	 * @param string $msg The error message.
617 	 * @param int $errorLevel The level of the error to throw.
618 	 */
619 	function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
620 		user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
621 	}
623 	/**
624 	 * Enable supression of database messages.
625 	 */
626 	function quiet() {
Trace
Couldn't run query (22007, 242, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des gltigen Bereichs.01000, 3621, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.): UPDATE "Member" SET "NumVisit" = 7, "RememberLoginToken" = null, "LockedOutUntil" = null, "LastEdited" = '2012-04-13 13:25:04' where "ID" = 1: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des gltigen Bereichs.; [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet. 
Line 620 of Database.php 
SS_Database->databaseError(Couldn't run query (22007, 242, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des gltigen Bereichs.01000, 3621, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.): UPDATE "Member" SET "NumVisit" = 7, "RememberLoginToken" = null, "LockedOutUntil" = null, "LastEdited" = '2012-04-13 13:25:04' where "ID" = 1: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des gltigen Bereichs.; [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.,256) 
Line 209 of MSSQLDatabase.php 
MSSQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query (22007, 242, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des gltigen Bereichs.01000, 3621, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.): UPDATE "Member" SET "NumVisit" = 7, "RememberLoginToken" = null, "LockedOutUntil" = null, "LastEdited" = '2012-04-13 13:25:04' where "ID" = 1,256) 
Line 310 of MSSQLDatabase.php 
MSSQLDatabase->query(UPDATE "Member" SET "NumVisit" = 7, "RememberLoginToken" = null, "LockedOutUntil" = null, "LastEdited" = '2012-04-13 13:25:04' where "ID" = 1) 
Line 568 of Database.php 
SS_Database->manipulate(Array) 
Line 174 of DB.php 
DB::manipulate(Array) 
Line 1048 of DataObject.php 
DataObject->write() 
Line 350 of Member.php 
Member->logIn() 
Line 210 of MemberLoginForm.php 
MemberLoginForm->performLogin(Array) 
Line 125 of MemberLoginForm.php 
MemberLoginForm->dologin(Array,MemberLoginForm,SS_HTTPRequest) 
Line 332 of Form.php 
Form->httpSubmission(SS_HTTPRequest) 
Line 143 of RequestHandler.php 
RequestHandler->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest) 
Line 161 of RequestHandler.php 
RequestHandler->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest) 
Line 147 of Controller.php 
Controller->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest) 
Line 282 of Director.php 
Director::handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,Session) 
Line 125 of Director.php 
Director::direct(Security/LoginForm) 
Line 127 of main.php 

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

15 April 2012 at 3:51am

Hi Ronaan,

Could it be that your server's locale settings have changed as a result of the reboot? I think SQL Server would inherit the servers' locale settings, although I could be wrong.

Anyway, it looks like SQL Server interpretes the date 2012-04-13 as year-day-month, where it should use year-month-day...

ronaan

Community Member, 9 Posts

15 April 2012 at 4:42am

Edited: 19/04/2012 6:37pm

Hello Martimiz,

thanks for your reply. Yes, that seems to be the case, it somehow gets the wrong date format.

Where would I go to change this? SQL Server Management Studio? Changing values in tables got me nowhere (stupid idea I guess... what can I say, I'm not a pro at all...)

Maybe the reboot had nothing to do with it too... I installed SilverStripe on 04-02 ... worked fine through 04-12 .. like it would, because it works for both date formats... only on 04-13 it thought something was up.

edit: got it working. I changed the date on the server manually to something that fits into a 12 month logic, to determine that it's really the problem. after that I finally found where in SQL management studio you have to set the language (from where it pulls the date format).

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

19 April 2012 at 10:21pm

Glad you have it working now! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner - I forgot to subscribe to the post :-(