Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Facebook Connect is Notworking ? My fault or it needs update?

4 Posts   507 Views

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

29 April 2012 at 2:37pm

Hi,
I been trying to use the facebook connect module & it does not work ! . I got the button on the page, I can click login & I can login to facebook from my website BUT the data is not being stored in the data base nor the SS CMS recognizing the facebook login !

I have the following in my _config file , but still no luck :
FacebookConnect::set_api_key('api-key');
FacebookConnect::set_api_secret('api-secret');
FacebookConnect::set_app_id('api-id');
FacebookConnect::set_create_member(true);

If anyone can help me fix it will be great . Its the only module of its kind for SS :)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

29 April 2012 at 5:05pm

I just pushed a couple fixes for it (https://github.com/willrossi/silverstripe-facebookconnect/commits/master) try that and see if that fixes it for you.

And no it isn't the only module to do Facebook Connect. Simon_w has a oAuth / Facebook connect one which is better if you don't want to use the js sdk.

DesignerX.com.au

29 April 2012 at 6:17pm

i still get the same proble after downloading the new facebook Connect from the link you provided:

I have added the following to the Page.ss

<html lang="en" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml"> in the header

<% if CurrentFacebookMember %>
      <p>Hi $CurrentFacebookMember.FirstName</p>
      <% include ConnectLogout %>
   <% else %>
      <% include ConnectLogin %>
   <% end_if %>

I am still able to login to facebook from my website but the data is NOT in the databse !

DesignerX.com.au

29 April 2012 at 6:48pm

woow.. I got it working, I had problem with FacebookConnect::set_member_groups(array('forum', 'group2')); but i got it fixed ( was a typo)

For anyone who is reading this, use FacebookConnect::set_member_groups(array('forum', 'group2')); or your members will have no group !

TY so much for the quick fix , great modules ;)