I'm asked to build a webshop that will ultimately hold a couple of thousand products, and cater to multiple countries. I'll also be implementing multiple payment options, including iDeal (netherlands). I'd like to get the first version of that site ready for testing in, say, two months time. That will be one language/country only. The multi-country version will follow (not much) later.
So now i'm wondering if SilverStripe is up to the task. I know there are at least the two modules eCommerce (in multiple versions) and SilverCart. Also that the payment module of the former is now part of the GSOC. I'm looking for the moste likely candidate to get this done, where
- new payment methods/providers is at least doable
- Thousands of products can be handled
- Translatable is supported, or can at least be implemented within a reasonable amount of time (including country-related settings)
- SS3 will be supported in time, and upgrading doable :-)
- The system is extendible enough for adding custom(?) bits like callouts and combined products and vouchers, giftcertificates, giftwrapping and stuff
I can do my bit of coding, no problem, and I'd rather avoid turning away from SilverStripe to, say, Magento... Apologies for the rather long story - Any help/advice is very much appreciated!!!