Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can anybody help?

Go to End

11 Posts   1631 Views

Lemonie

Community Member, 70 Posts

5 May 2012 at 12:26am

I am new to SilverStripe and have some problems which I have already posted about and some new ones.

How do I add a paypal donate button to a charity site. All the solutions I have found are old and the files don't exist anymore.
I cannot upload pictures (fairly basic thing to want to do), I have downloaded the patch but have no idea where to upload it to.

Please can somebody help me?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

5 May 2012 at 1:26am

Hi Lemonie,

I the "patch" for file upload will require you to edit the files mentioned in it directly on your webserver.

As for the paypal donate button - I advise you to read the paypal docs for soemthing relating to making a simply button and then take that code and place it in your templates. If you need more help on templating please read through the tutorial / documentation.

I am sure that http://www.silverstripe.org/PayPal-donation-widget-2/ would still work with small changes if that, give it a try and post in the widgets sectio if you have any problems

Lemonie

5 May 2012 at 3:58am

Hi Swaiba

Thanks for the reply. The contents of the patch are:

Folder.php.patch
Upload.php.patch

I am new to this but I can't find and folders of those names in silverstripe?

swaiba

5 May 2012 at 4:32am

Patches are information about changes for SVN and the should contain a relative file path... however since I know what you are tlaking about (having mentioned / used them myself frequently)... take a look at them online...

http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/19724#post313439

you'll see "sapphire/filesystem/Upload.php" and some green stuff and some red stuff...

edit the file on the web, select the delete the red stuff and add the green stuff... I'll repeat edit the file... the patch is only useful to you as information not to update anywhere

Lemonie

6 May 2012 at 9:11am

I have followed the instructions here ...

http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/114471

but when I upload the Asset/Admin.php I get an error. This is used by a dog rescue and I need to upload many pictures and I need to fix it asap?!

swaiba

6 May 2012 at 10:50pm

I get an error

And what exactly might that error be?

Lemonie

7 May 2012 at 1:50am

Fatal error: Class AssetAdmin_DeleteBatchAction contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (CMSBatchAction::getDoingText) in /var/sites/h/homelesshounds.org.uk/public_html/cms/code/AssetAdmin.php on line 438

swaiba

7 May 2012 at 1:51am

and the version of silverstripe?

from that message it looks like you have the wrong patch or you have applied it wrong.

Go to Top