Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Modules for Version 3

Go to End

2 Posts   872 Views

kindleman.com.au

Community Member, 70 Posts

11 May 2012 at 5:11pm

Hi. I downloaded version 3 beta 2 - looks awesome. few issues with padding in chrome but generally really good.

Looking around at the core modules - User forms, blog, widgets, workflow, comments and subsites. None of these have a 1.0 release or are compatible with Version 3. Are there plans for these to be updated eventually? What sort of time scales might that happen to? We are scoping out a new set of sites that we want to build in Silverstripe - but it seems unwise to go with 2.4 right now, and 3 isn't ready. Not sure what to do.

Thanks for any news or advice.

Will

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 May 2012 at 6:22pm

You'll need to ask the individual module authors what they're plans are but I look after Userforms and comments both of which will be updated for 3.0.

Userforms has been started, as of a week ago userforms/master is now 3.0 ONLY. Follow https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/pull/37.

Comments: http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7287
Blog: ss-3.0 branch
Advanced Workflow has been updated to 3.0, not sure about workflow.

The CMS itself is barely just usable, so been hoping to spend more time on that before getting onto modules but we need help! If you use a module that isn't updated (or you see another bug) please submit pull requests.

I recommend following the modules on github so you can keep up to date with progress.