Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Simple shop gallery

Go to End

4 Posts   1403 Views

Lemonie

Community Member, 70 Posts

14 May 2012 at 10:41pm

I am creating a page on the website as a shop. I installed the Silverstripe shop but didn't like it. We will only be selling about 3 - 5 items so have just created a page and have added paypal mini cart.

I want to have a larger image with a few thumbnails underneath that when clicked open where the larger image was. All the options I have tried have the html stripped.

Is there a module that does this? This is a larger example of what I would like to do:

http://www.extremestudio.ro/blog/?p=4577

Mrfixer

Community Member, 49 Posts

14 May 2012 at 11:59pm

nearest gallery i can think of that looks like that (depends on how its setup of course) is Galleria, im not 100% sure but i think Uncle Cheese added it to a gallery module, try running a forum search for "Galleria"

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

15 May 2012 at 1:54am

Edited: 15/05/2012 1:58am

its possible first u need to make a gallery with dataobject manager for product.php and then is the theme part and thats all nothing hard.

it means u can use the module shop and code it a little.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

15 May 2012 at 2:30am

Hi,

We use pirobox here (same thing really) and it is very easy... this is mainly to avoid using the DOM, but we still use Uploadify....

Add pirobox (in the require page init)...

Requirements::css('DIRECTORY/pirobox/style.css'); 
Requirements::javascript('DIRECTORY/pirobox/pirobox.min.js'); 
Requirements::javascript('DIRECTORY/pirobox/pirobox.config.js');

then when you are placing your images on the page in your template do something like this...

<% if MyImages %> 
	<p> 
		<% control MyImages %> 
			<a href="$URL" title=" " class="pirobox_gall"> 
				<% control SetWidth(120) %> 
					$Tag 
				<% end_control %> 
			</a> 
		<% end_control %> 
	</p> 
<% end_if %>

Alternatively I've been looking to try out https://github.com/codem/DisplayAnything as this looks like a good stand alone image gallery