Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Looking for a way to target the CMS Login page using <% if RecordClassName = ??? %>

4 Posts   635 Views

RichMcNabb

Community Member, 34 Posts

15 May 2012 at 11:18am

Hi there,

I am looking for a way the target the login form to display a default heading (e.g)
<h1><% if RecordClassName = ??? %>Please login to the CompanyName website<% else %>$Heading<% end_if %></h1>

I know I can create a Security_login.ss but in this case I need to be more specific. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

- Rich

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

20 May 2012 at 12:19pm

Well ClassName will match any security page (login, forgot password etc) so if thats not an issue you can use <% if ClassName = Security %> otherwise you'll need a function in your Page.php which sniffs for the title (you can't have spaces in your <% if %> for 2.*).

// mysite/code/page.php
function isLoginPage() {
return ($this->Title == "Login");
}

<% if isLoginPage %>

RichMcNabb

Community Member, 34 Posts

21 May 2012 at 3:44pm

Edited: 21/05/2012 3:54pm

Hi Will,

Thanks for the response for some reason your suggestion didn't work for me. However your code gave me an idea I could accomplish what I was wanting to do using:
<% if URLSegment=Security %>

Thanks again :)

- Rich

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

21 May 2012 at 3:58pm

You may also have the same issue with using that as using ClassName = Security, in that forgot password, login and all security/ pages may by oversight all use security has the url segment.