Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Permission denied 403 when submitting to Member_ProfileForm

Go to End

opex

Community Member, 7 Posts

7 June 2012 at 12:56pm

Hi,

I'm stuck on one of these wierd things I can't seem to get past. I'm trying to figure out why, as a regular user with access to the CMS, I can't change my profile data with the "profile" link in the down right corner.

When I visit /admin/myprofile, which is the url in the iframe, the form is rendered properly. But when I try to submit I get to /admin/Member_ProfileForm and is faced with a permission denied page.

I've been debugging canView() in LeftAndMain because there's the stuff I can't get my head around. When visiting myprofile the "CMS_ACCESS_$this->class" permission returns true and canView() ends at the bottom and returns true. But when I submit and get to Member_ProfileForm "CMS_ACCESS_$this->class" returns false. What's really mind-boggling is that in both cases $this->class is CMSMain.

Any ideas?