Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Error in the Group Member function?

3 Posts   439 Views

MonkeyBen

Community Member, 25 Posts

29 June 2012 at 2:24am

Hi all,

I have been trying to use the JOIN arguement in the Group->Member() function on a website that has SS version 2.4.5 on it. I think there is a bug in the function.

Shouldn't: -

$join .= " INNER JOIN \"$table\" ON \"$table\".\"MemberID\" = \"Member\".\"ID\"" . Convert::raw2sql($join);

Be: -

$join = " INNER JOIN \"$table\" ON \"$table\".\"MemberID\" = \"Member\".\"ID\"" . Convert::raw2sql($join);

i.e. the first one is adding the JOIN twice is it not? I am getting an error until I patch that line and it works fine.

public function Members($limit = "", $offset = "", $filter = "", $sort = "", $join = "") {
      $table = "Group_Members";
      if($filter) $filter = is_array($filter) ? $filter : array($filter);

if( is_numeric( $limit ) ) {
         if( is_numeric( $offset ) )
            $limit = "$limit OFFSET $offset";
         else
            $limit = "$limit OFFSET 0";
      } else {
         $limit = "";
      }

// Get all of groups that this group contains
      $groupFamily = implode(", ", $this->collateFamilyIDs());

$filter[] = "\"$table\".\"GroupID\" IN ($groupFamily)";
      $join .= " INNER JOIN \"$table\" ON \"$table\".\"MemberID\" = \"Member\".\"ID\"" . Convert::raw2sql($join);

$result = singleton("Member")->instance_get(
         $filter,
         $sort,
         $join,
         $limit,
         "ComponentSet" // datatype
         );

if(!$result) $result = new ComponentSet();

$result->setComponentInfo("many-to-many", $this, "Group", $table, "Member");
      foreach($result as $item) $item->GroupID = $this->ID;
      return $result;
   }

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

30 June 2012 at 12:46pm

With that change isn't it ignore the $join argument completely?

MonkeyBen

Community Member, 25 Posts

30 June 2012 at 10:58pm

It doesn't ignore the $join arguement because the $join string is being over written with the Group_Members join string, and then at the end the $join arguement it being added (being run through the convert::raw2sql() function. With .= the raw $join arguement is also being added to the front of the string as well as the converted version at the end.