Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SS 3.0 CMS Backend: no content shown, when clicking a menu-link.


Go to End
Reply


27 Posts   4096 Views

Avatar
BlackHawk

Community Member, 7 Posts

25 July 2012 at 7:57pm

Dear all,

I have just installed SS 3.0 with CMS. Everything is just fine. But when I am clicking a link in the CMS backend-menu no content is shown. Only when I am reloading the page, the content will be shown.
I was looking with Firebug for the code. Before I am reloading the page, there is no div with the id "pages-controller-cms-content". After reloading the div appers and the content is shown.

It is really anoying to always reload the page.

Does anybody have an idea what is wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Avatar
jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

25 July 2012 at 8:11pm

Can you enable the console in firebug and post any JS error that occurs?

Avatar
BlackHawk

Community Member, 7 Posts

25 July 2012 at 8:17pm

Mmmmh, I did not looked for that.
But here is the JS error:

NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS: Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsIDOMDocumentFragment.appendChild]
Source: http://localhost/SilverStripe_3.0/framework/thirdparty/jquery/jquery.js?m=1340880400
Line: 6497

Avatar
jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

25 July 2012 at 8:51pm

Edited: 25/07/2012 8:52pm

I have no clue what that means...

Try 3.0.1 RC1 http://www.silverstripe.org/pre-releases/ and see if the problem still occurs.

If it still does, I would ask you to try to reproduce the bug in a fresh installation. What steps are needed to go from clean installation to trigger the bug? Does any link trigger the bug or only special ones?

If the bug persists I would suggest opening a ticket in the bugtracker at http://open.silverstripe.org

Edit: I guess you are using FireFox. Is it the most recent version? Do you have any unusual plugins or settings?

Avatar
BlackHawk

Community Member, 7 Posts

25 July 2012 at 9:14pm

Okay, fine.
The installation with 3.0 was just fresh and the problem occurs.
So I will try 3.0.1 an will let you know if it will occur again.

Thanks for the moment.

Avatar
Leon223

Community Member, 10 Posts

30 July 2012 at 9:42pm

Experiencing the same problem (Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsIDOMDocumentFragment.appendChild])

Any solution found already? I have just migrated my website to a new domain when the problem started to occur.

I moved my webstite from www.domain.com to home.otherdomain.com.

As temporary solution i've added the following code (its ugly and makes the CMS slow but its working for now)

try
               {
                  fragment.appendChild( script );
               }
               catch(err)
               {
                  //alert(err);
                  console.log("error: " + err);
                  location.reload();
               }

Avatar
jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

31 July 2012 at 6:37am

Since I cannot reproduce that problem, I would ask you to debug that error. There are two things you can do:

1. Use FireBug to set a breakpoint at fragment.appendChild and look at the stack to see where the call came from. There will likely be a lot of calls to dispatch, one and similar functions. You can ignore them.
2. Set the site into development mode by putting Director::set_environment_type('dev'); into mysite/_config.php and check if additional error messages are displayed.

Avatar
Leon223

Community Member, 10 Posts

31 July 2012 at 7:49pm

I might have figured out why it gives a exception. fragment.appendChild( script ) tries to add html to the 'fragment'. Most of the time its HTML but when the exception occurs the script tries to add a 'object' to the fragment. The object contains the HTML. (see attactment).

Will try to find a solution. Might just extract the HTML from the object, but that seems not to be the permanent solution.

Go to Top