Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

How to upload to live site

3 Posts   443 Views

DonM

Community Member, 8 Posts

3 August 2012 at 4:18pm

Hello All, i've recently installed Silverstripe 3.0.1 and although the install had a number of issues I think it is up and running now. I've done a little fiddling, created a few basic pages and now want to upload them to my live site but can't figure out how. I'm assuming it is a pretty basic process but having searched through the forums I can't find any clear instructions on what the process is. If it relates to clicking on the "Save and Publish" I haven't been asked for any details on my webhoster (Godaddy). I'm very much a newby but can someone explain how it is done and what files need to be uploaded? Do I need to FTP specific files to the webhost? Thanks in advance.

Regards DonM

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

3 August 2012 at 5:24pm

Theres an old guide (but mostly still useful) at http://doc.silverstripe.org/old/recipes:publishing-to-web-server.

DonM

Community Member, 8 Posts

4 August 2012 at 9:49am

Thanks Willr, much appreciated.
Regards DonM