Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[SOLVED]Content from one page on multiple pages

4 Posts   905 Views

shluckey

Community Member, 19 Posts

4 August 2012 at 5:27am

Alright guys I know this is probably really simple but I couldnt think how to phrase it to search for a solution.

I want to take the cms input from my homepage and have it appear in multiple other pages.

eg. User inputs 'latest news' on homepage and I show it on several other sub pages. $LatestNews on homepage and other templates.

Something to do with specifying the children of homepage in the HomePage.php file?

jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

4 August 2012 at 10:07pm

Have a look at the tutorial, it explains how this can be done: http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/2-extending-a-basic-site#showing-the-latest-news-on-the-homepage

You will have to adapt it to your code, but the basic idea is the same: Get the page that contains the information you need by using MyPageType::get() and then access the field that you are interested in.

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

5 August 2012 at 8:16pm

Edited: 05/08/2012 8:20pm

Hi:
Quick & easy solution is :
<% control page(URLSegmentHere) %>
$LatestNews
<% end_control %>

by doing <% control page(home) %> you move to that page scope .. so everything on the home page can be shown here , Example:
<% control page(home) %>
$Title //Shows Home
$Content //get content from Home page
$OtherFunction
<% end_control %>

shluckey

Community Member, 19 Posts

7 August 2012 at 8:39pm

thank you very much for both replies