Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Printer friendly version of tutorials

5 Posts   371 Views

simples

Community Member, 77 Posts

7 August 2012 at 5:26am

Hi,

Although not friendly to trees, I find it easier on my failing eyesight to refer to hard copy than a screen.

Does anyone know if printer-friendly versions of the tutorials at http://doc.silverstripe.org exist?

When I print these pages, code gets truncated where a horizontal scroll bar is used. This makes it more difficult to follow the tutorial from a hard copy.

I am using version 2.4.

Thanks.

jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

7 August 2012 at 11:44pm

I'm not aware of a printer friendly version. You could try the poor man's version: pasting the content into a word processor.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

8 August 2012 at 8:44pm

All the documentation is stored as plan text, you could try printing that page for the raw content (minus images, formatting of course). I'd recommend creating a new ticket at open.silverstripe.org to add print styles to doc.silverstripe.org as well. https://raw.github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/3.0/docs/en/tutorials/1-building-a-basic-site.md

simples

8 August 2012 at 8:57pm

Hi,

Thank you for the tips.

I guess adding print styles will not recover the images. Obviously, if this is the case and the images are lost, the value of sending the tutorial to a hard copy will be a lot less and may tip the balance to sticking to the current screen version.

simples

8 August 2012 at 8:59pm

Hi,

Sorry I sent my last comment too quick. I now think you may have been proposing a solution which retained the images.