Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Printer friendly version of tutorials

Go to End

5 Posts   686 Views

simples

Community Member, 77 Posts

7 August 2012 at 5:26am

Hi,

Although not friendly to trees, I find it easier on my failing eyesight to refer to hard copy than a screen.

Does anyone know if printer-friendly versions of the tutorials at http://doc.silverstripe.org exist?

When I print these pages, code gets truncated where a horizontal scroll bar is used. This makes it more difficult to follow the tutorial from a hard copy.

I am using version 2.4.

Thanks.

jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

7 August 2012 at 11:44pm

I'm not aware of a printer friendly version. You could try the poor man's version: pasting the content into a word processor.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 August 2012 at 8:44pm

All the documentation is stored as plan text, you could try printing that page for the raw content (minus images, formatting of course). I'd recommend creating a new ticket at open.silverstripe.org to add print styles to doc.silverstripe.org as well. https://raw.github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/3.0/docs/en/tutorials/1-building-a-basic-site.md

simples

8 August 2012 at 8:57pm

Hi,

Thank you for the tips.

I guess adding print styles will not recover the images. Obviously, if this is the case and the images are lost, the value of sending the tutorial to a hard copy will be a lot less and may tip the balance to sticking to the current screen version.

simples

8 August 2012 at 8:59pm

Hi,

Sorry I sent my last comment too quick. I now think you may have been proposing a solution which retained the images.