Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Listing other peoples comments on this forum

Go to End

10 Posts   1595 Views

simples

Community Member, 77 Posts

16 August 2012 at 1:05am

Edited: 16/08/2012 1:08am

I have been learning Silverstripe for about 3 weeks and have found certain comments in this forum from certain contributors extremely useful.

When viewing a contributor's profile is it possible to list more of a contributors comments than just their last ten?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 August 2012 at 8:10pm

Nope. But you could try searching for the users name.

simples

Community Member, 77 Posts

17 August 2012 at 8:39pm

Hi Willr,

Although searching on a user's name threw up other people's comments as well, it did work quite well when I tried it. Plus you can sort the results in different orders such as relevance and date.

Thanks!

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

17 August 2012 at 11:08pm

Hi:
This is a feature we all wished was available on this forum & the Forum plugin too , Lets hope the SS3 compatible version will have it built in ;)

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

17 August 2012 at 11:13pm

Instead of wishing you could add the feature yourself and submit a pull request... https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-forum

DesignerX.com.au

18 August 2012 at 3:13am

:)
1- Not that exp in SS3 + GridField "yet"
2- No time to test the forum module now, Working on few other modules
3- There is no UserProfile module that is compatible with SS3 "yet" , forum without a UserProfile management is no good :(
4- When I have more time, I WILL add few features to it ;)
5- :D

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

18 August 2012 at 3:46am

ha! :D

It is the response I got awhile ago... I had the same wish but not that strong... that wish comes back when some idiot has spammed 80 times about bleedin nike trainers... would make it easier to mark em all as spam... at the moment I do 10 tabs worth at a time :(

DesignerX.com.au

18 August 2012 at 2:58pm

Edited: 18/08/2012 3:11pm

I think I get the Idea of GridField after working on my gallery module, but there is more to learn ;)
I should be able to use DataObject::SomeClass->get()->Filter(array( 'MemberID'=>'CurrentMemberID) ,.... then use renderWith to use a custom template for the new dataList created by that filter ? does this sound correct ?

I see the forum module is updated to SS3 ;) .. do you know of any SS3 compatible UserProfile manager/editor like the one for SS2.4 ? If they are planning to upgrade SilverStripe.org to SS3 I think they will be upgrading the UserForum module soon ?

When I start working on the forum module, I will make sure you get a button to list all Posts by members & a tick box to mark as spam .
Back to messing up with some code :)
Edited :: BTW, doesn't removing the 1st post in the topic remove all sub-posts ?

Go to Top