Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe ok in a Windows web farm?

Go to End

2 Posts   694 Views

DrD

Community Member, 1 Post

22 August 2012 at 1:19am

Edited: 22/08/2012 1:21am

SilverStripe looks like a great CMS. I would like to try it out, but I don't see anything saying it runs okay in a web farm. I currently have 2 Windows 2003 IIS6 machines with a third party file synchronization tool. For another other CMS we are currently running, I simply monitor the root folder and merge changes between servers and this works okay.

Before I go through the process of installing SilverStripe, will the same technique work for that? Also, I will be using a SQL Server back end.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

22 August 2012 at 5:07am

hmmm

I cannot think of a reason it wouldn't work - on unix it works fine using symlinks, so if you are saying it has a complete copy of the files that should be fine. I think things like the cache and assest need to be excluded from your sync process - but other than that I think it will be fine. After all....

http://www.silverstripe.org/silverstripe-cms-the-first-ever-open-source-web-app-to-become-microsoft-certified/