Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Changing template unnoticed online

Go to End

2 Posts   597 Views

esakrielaart

Community Member, 59 Posts

7 September 2012 at 2:45am

Hi all,

this is a problem I encounter a lot recently. I know, when updating themes etc. I have to add (in SS 3.0) ?flush=all or ?flush=1 to the URL. Now, when updating the live version online, this simply does not do the job. I do see my /tmp folder getting new sess_* files but user on other PC's don't see the result, only 500 internal server error pages, while, if they ALSO add ?flush=1 or ?flush=all the problem vanishes for them. But offcourse, I don't expect my random visitors to 'try' this. Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Maurice

esakrielaart

Community Member, 59 Posts

7 September 2012 at 3:03am

Ah, well maybe I called to soon. It seemed that my cache directory was way out of my legal position on the vhost of my provider. Adding the folder silverstripe-cache to my home directory of silverstripe installation fixed this. Hope this is useful for future reference.

Regards,
Maurice