Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

When adding a page in the CMS I would like the page to appear at the top

2 Posts   318 Views

simples

Community Member, 77 Posts

11 September 2012 at 6:19am

Edited: 11/09/2012 6:03pm

Hi,

When I add a new page in the CMS, I would like the newly added page to go to the top of the list in the tree view. At the moment it goes to the bottom.

I have downloaded the DOM in which I see there is a SortableDataObject module. However I am looking for a lightweight solution and suspect that there is a lot of code in this module which is not needed for this particular issue.

Does anyone know of a lightweight solution?

Simply adding

static $default_sort = 'Sort DESC';

or

static $default_sort = 'ID DESC';

beneath the line

class Page extends SiteTree{

in mysite/code/page.php

does not appear to work after I rebuild the database and flush the CMS page.

The new page still gets added to the bottom.

I hope I do not have to instruct my client to drag and drop every page.

Apologies if I have overlooked something obvious here.

Thanks.

PS. I am using Version 2.4 because my client is stuck with hosting which only supports PHP 5.2.

simples

Community Member, 77 Posts

11 September 2012 at 9:00am

Edited: 11/09/2012 6:04pm

Hi,

Please note that I am not looking for a different sort capability here as such. All I really want to do is make the newly added page in the CMS appear at the top of the existing list of pages rather than at the bottom. I still want to be able to use drag and drop in the CMS. As done currently, I need the pages in the front-end menus to appear in the same order as they appear in the back-end CMS treeview.

Thanks.